What is a good newsreader?
What makes a good newsreader?
- It can thread articles
- Defaults to plain text posting and viewing
- Good filtering options
- Allows batch downloading for offline reading and replying.
- Trims signatures
- Encourages interleaving comments and snipping out irrelevant quotage.
- Built-in common sense, like preventing cross-posting to a large number of groups.
- Allows weighting of posts, so that more useful contributors postings stand out.
- Allows a post to be kept indefinitely (build your own knowledge base!).
- Intelligent downloading of posts - ignore attachments or posts over a certain size.
- Marks as read a crossposted article that you've read from another group.