What are the copyright issues surrounding webpages?
To quote from the the UK Patent Office:
- What is protected by copyright?
- Copyright protects original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, published editions of works, sound recordings, films (including videograms) and broadcasts (including cable and satellite broadcasts).
- Are names protected by copyright?
- No. There is no copyright in a name, title, slogan or phrase. But these may be eligible for registration as a trade mark.
- Are ideas protected by copyright?
- No. Although the work itself may be protected, the idea behind it is not.